Don't just shoot Raw "because somebody said to". Once you genuinely understand the principles and power of a Raw workflow, your results will amaze you.
This class gives you the knowledge and skills to convert Raw files into fabulous, clean, natural-looking photos every time.
Never again rely on actions or presets for clumsy, imprecise editing. Once you know how to achieve great clean processing, your actions and presets can be used for their real purpose - to add style and creativity to your images.
Who is it for?
- New Raw photographers
- Jpeg photographers who want to make the important step to Raw
- Experienced Raw photographers who are frustrated with their inconsistent or disappointing results
What software is it for?
- Photoshop CS3 to CS5
- Photoshop CS6 and above*
- Elements 6 to 10
- Elements 11 and above*
- Lightroom 1 to 3
- Lightroom 4 and above*
* I am in the process of updating the class for the native functionality of these newer versions. In the meantime, you can take the class by making a simple setting switch in your software. It's well worth it, I promise.
- Understanding Raw data
- Histogram comprehension
- Tour of the Adobe Camera Raw and Lightroom interfaces
- Understanding and adjusting white balance
- Tonal distribution (Exposure, Recovery, Fill Light, etc)
- Noise reduction and sharpening
What you get
- 24/7 unlimited access for twelve months
- Prompt answers to all questions
- A comprehensive reference sheet to print out
- Plenty of videos to accompany the written information
- Proven, down-to-earth, simple methods for great results
- A Facebook account
- A calibrated monitor
Sorry, I have to be hard-nosed about this. I will not provide training unless your monitor is calibrated. If it isn't, you can't trust what you're seeing. No photographer who is enthusiastic enough to shoot Raw should be uncalibrated. More info about calibration here.
The first module is available for free! Read it here.
See the results
Check out the gallery of trainees' edits using the skills they have learned in this class.
Read the great feedback from some of my participants.
All content © Damien Symonds 2014